Earlier this week all of us received some great fashion tips from Harper Bazaar's Avril Graham on transitioning outfits from day to night. Well last Saturday I needed to create and outfit that I could transition from meeting friends at the Fort Point Open Art Fall Open Studios to a casual lunch at one of our favorite spots- Flour and then on to some playtime with our daughter at The Boston Children's Museum.
6. Jeans-Citizens of Humanity Avedon Slick Skinny Legging Jeans
7. Black flat boots-Burberry
1. Carry a handbag large enough to carry all my stuff including my camera and scarf and Ariyana's snacks and cardigan.
2. Wear comfortable shoes without a high heel so I can walk and "play" at the museum
3. Layer clothing since we were going to be inside and outside for several hours
4. Add some fun accessories such as a necklace and belt so that I am style'n!
As mentioned above we all received some great style tips from Avril Graham on transitioning your look from day to night and also earlier this month Today Show's Bobbie Thomas gave us lots of amazing fashion tips as well. (here) I also provided a few ways I transitioned my look since I attended the Swarovski event right after work on Tuesday. But I also received some really creative and informative comments yesterday from all of you about the various ways you transition your look from day to night and I wanted to share them with you.
Reader's fashion tips on transitioning looks from day to night:
1. Add red lipstick and sparkly earrings. Melissa
2. Do a smoky eye. Josie
3. Kohl eyeliner, shoes, and jewelry. Gagan
4. More make-up and more "blingy" items. Sonali
5. Let down the hair, touch up make-up, and remove a layer of clothing. Torrie
6. Add bold jewelry, add dramatic make-up, and change your shoes. Samantha
7. Ponytails during the day and hair loose at night. Michelle
8. Add jewelry that sparkles such as big pearl and diamond cocktail ring, and gold bangles. Annelise
9. Let down your hair and put on some high heels. Tanvi
10. Add a pair of heels, eyeliner, extra mascara, and extra jewelry. Valerie
11. Change shoes. Audrey
12. Exchange a blazer for a bomber jacket, skinny denim for a wide leg flare, remove a knee high sleek heel boot for a platform shoe and keep it simple with a t -shirt and some fun jewelry beneath. Carrie
13. The right bag is important-a clutch screams evening plus some sparkly accessories as well. Connie
14. Add accessories and make clothing a bit more revealing at night. Elle
Have a great weekend!