I have teamed up with three fabulous Boston bloggers and T.J. Maxx, / Marshalls for a fun style competition featuring the 1960's Mad Men styles. Each of us could borrow up to $200 in merchandise from a T.J. Maxx or Marshalls of our choice and style an outfit inspired by trends from Mad Men. I selected the T.J. Maxx on Needham Street in Newton, MA and they had a great selection of items to choose from. In fact I ended up getting sidetracked in the Runway section which features items from Missoni, Sachin + Babi, Helmunt Lang, Tibi, and other top designers.
Check out how these ladies styled their outfits. A huge thanks to Lani for inviting me to participate in this style challenge.
Lani - Mon Petit Chou Chou
Lissy - A Girl in Boston
Alana - The Good Girl Gone Blog
And click HERE to vote for your favorite Mad Men inspired look from T.J. Maxx and Marshalls. With your votes one of us lucky ladies will receive a $200 gift certificate to T.J. Maxx and Marshalls.
Interesting facts about T.J. Maxx/Marshalls
-Marshalls and T.J. Maxx, the nation's leading off-price retailers, sells first-quality, designer and top brand name merchandise for the entire family and and home at substantially lower prices than department and speciality stores.
-Over 95% of T.J. Maxx and Marshalls merchandise is first quality. Only 5% of merchandise is irregular and it is clearly marked that way for the customers.
-Over 85% of available merchandise is current season. The remaining 15% consists of basics like gift wrap and hosiery.
-There is always a continual flow of merchandise and each store receives 3 to 4 shipments weekly totaling over $10,000 new items per week.
-Opportunistic buying is what differentiates off-price retailers from the competition. T.J. Maxx and Marshalls buyers are the ultimate treasure hunters -continuously searching the globe for amazing deals to bring back to their stores.