This past weekend we traveled to Ohio for a wedding and instead of packing my usual pair of basic black ballet flats I took my new viv nude patent flats. I personally love wearing pointed toe flats but I think it is fair to say some women get turned off by pointy shoes because they appear to be uncomfortable and make feet look unattractively large. But with some careful planning pointed toe flats can be an edgy, chic, and a versatile option with your outfits. In fact at the airport I got stopped from a few women complimenting me on my shoes and asking me where they could find the exact same ones. Pointed toe flats are definitely on trend for the spring/summer season but I think they will always be classic and a great addition to any shoe collection. And right now there are endless options in the stores including patent leather, metallics, and prints.
Five Tips For Wearing Pointed-Toe Flats
1. As long as the shoes are not really pointy they will look stylish and will not make your feet look big or clown like.
2. If you are worried about comfort don't be afraid to try a half size bigger than your normal shoe size.
3. Pointed toe flats look great with a pencil skirt, button down shirt and trench coat. The look is professional and put together, and if you choose a nude pair of flats your legs will look elongated and fabulous.
4. Pointed toe flats also look amazing with skinny jeans or slim trousers. I like to add a simple cotton shirt, blazer or cardigan, and a huge statement necklace for an easy no hassle weekday look.
5. In the warmer months pair up pointy toe flats with below the knee dresses and dressy shorts. Pointed toe flats are a great alternative for those times when heels are just not an option.
Have you added a pair of pointed toe flats to your spring/summer wardrobe?